Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tribute to Mario Comesanas (Only the good die young)

When we heard the sad news that Mario Comesanas had passed away at the young age of 30, from a brain hemorrhage that was caused by a rare form of leukemia, there was no doubt in our minds that this sad news would affect everybody within the Heavy Music community.

Throughout his career in music, Mario left his mark as been a genuine, passionate, and charismatic guy. Ever since he started doing radio at WSOU 89.5 FM with a show called "Hardcore Reality", it was evident that Mario was a huge supporter of Heavy Music and that he wanted to devote his career to all things heavy.

Soon after he graduated from Seton Hall University, he joined Sirius Satellite Radio (now Sirius XM) and started working with Jose Mangin as a DJ in Hard Attack (now Liquid Metal). During his tenure there, he also started working with Revolver Magazine at the Rockstar Mayhem Festival, were he hosted artist meet and greets and did some marketing work for the magazine. Mario had also recently joined the independent label distributor RED Distribution.

Mario was also the singer of December Aeternalis, and most recently, Low Road. Ironically, we had recently talked to Mario about booking Low Road for the first Horns Up Rocks show in New Jersey.


Please put your Horns Up for Mario Comesanas, our Metal and Hardcore brother!

This is what his friends and colleagues had to say about Mario's passing:

"It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our very close friend & fellow Liquid Metal host Mario Comesanas, who passed away earlier this evening at 8:39 PM ET in Jersey City, NJ... I got the chance to say goodbye, hold his hand, kiss his head & tell him thank you for being a Metal soldier with me all these years & to say hi to Dime for me... Our thoughts & prayers are with his fiance Liz, Mario's family, friends & fans worldwide... For respect for the family any other information will have to wait. We love you Mario & thanks for coming into our lives swinging & kicking! Rest in Peace..." - Jose Mangin (Sirius Xm Liquid Metal)

"I am in utter shock, he is a young young man, with a fiancee, and a whole future ahead of him - we worked together for close to 5 years - the Revolver family is collectively speechless..." - Josh Bernstein (Revolver Magazine)

"RIP Mario Comesanas. A true supporter of Metal & Hardcore & all around great guy. Condolences to his friends and family, and all at Sirius XM Liquid Metal." - Jamey Jasta (Hatebreed, Kingdom Of Sorrow, Jasta)

"I hate that this is how it has to be and that you will never be able to hold me or smile at me or say "marry me?" in that retarded voice, but I love that I will forever be able to hear your voice through recordings and music until the day I die. I'm so glad you have SO many people in your life that love you deeply and post pictures of you that I can gaze at for hours. I don't know how to live without you but like you said, I'm the strongest person you know and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to live up to that. This blunt is for you." - Liz (Mario's Fiance)

"We would like to send Prayers to the Friends/Family of Mario Comesanas... Besides Metal... Mario was always a Hardcore kid, a 1000% genuine friend. Helped BNB in more way than 1! Its a VERY SAD DAY for all of us... He was at the BNB Bowl a few weeks ago doing what he always did... SUPPORTING The HC Community! Mario, we love you... May you R.I.P." - Black N Blue Productions

"It is with a sad heart that I say goodbye to a good friend & fellow Liquid Metal host Mario Comesanas who passed away earlier this evening at 8:39 PM ET. My prayers are with his fiance Liz, Mario's family, friends & fans... for respect to the family any other information is private at this time. Mario, I can still hear your laugh in my head. Thank you for blessing our lives with laughter and love. Rest in Peace..." - Kayla Riley

"Mario, thank you for being a true pioneer to all that was Metal. Your kindness and everything about you. It brought me great pleasure to work with you. Your talent and compassion for everything you did. I am a little short of words right now, I will miss you my brother. God bless you." - Munsey Ricci

"My ally in brutality at Sirius, I will miss you, Mario." - Ian Christie

"Mario Comensanas was one of the most inspirational people to fucking grace this earth. RIP my coworker, my peer, my fellow musician, hustla & dear friend. We were but once just kids." Zeena Koda (Sirius XM Liquid Metal)

"NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T COUNT THE BLESSINGS AT MY DOOR!!!!!!"-Mario Comesanas (Low Road)

Mario's last interview was with New York Hard Core legends Agnostic Front, a day before the Black N Blue Bowl! This song is dedicated to Mario, Rest in Peace brother!



Mario, in behalf of the entire Heavy Music community: Thank you so much for everything you did for all of us! You will never be forgotten and we all love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

FREE HOT VIDEO 1 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 1

FREE HOT VIDEO 2 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 2

FREE HOT VIDEO 3 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 3

FREE HOT VIDEO 4 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 4

FREE HOT VIDEO 5 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 5

FREE HOT VIDEO 6 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 6

FREE HOT VIDEO 7 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 7

FREE HOT VIDEO 8 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 8

FREE HOT VIDEO 9 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 9

FREE HOT VIDEO 10 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 10

FREE HOT VIDEO 11 | HOT GIRL GALERRY 11